Re: NomCom eligibility & IETF 107

Hi,

On 2020-3-26, at 19:54, Salz, Rich <rsalz=40akamai.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to get the largest pool of candidates.

so that's a worthwhile goal.

But: My guess is that any fine-tuning here would not make a huge difference to the size of the pool of people eligible to be considered as voting members.

The pool that we actually want to maximize is the sub-pool of eligible people *who volunteer to be considered*. If we can convince more eligible people to actually volunteer it would have a much more sizable impact (again, a guess.)

Anyone got data on #eligible vs. #volunteered?

Lars