Re: [MBONED] MBONE Deployment (mboned) WG Virtual Meeting: 2020-04-21

>> An (S,G) entry is a route. You know modern routers can support many
>> orders of magnitude of 1000 routes. I am answering your question of
>> scale in terms of number of routes. If you mean something else, than
>> just say so.
>
> this is kinda the problem though: multicast resource usage on
> intermediate routers scales according to the number of sessions going
> through those routers.

churn due to 1.3 jillion sessions starting and stopping at arbitrary
times.  but on the top of the hour is a concentration.

would love some analytics from zoom, which seems to be the conference
system of coice this season of the plague

randy