Re: Audio issues with WebEx - situation report and workarounds

On 2020-03-25, at 20:49, IETF Executive Director <exec-director@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Cisco WebEx is currently experiencing some audio issues [1] which means that you may be unable to join a session by computer audio or may have unacceptably poor quality audio.  If this happens to you then we recommend that you join the WebEx normally and join the audio by phone, using the following instructions:

While this is properly labeled as a workaround, please think twice if you really need to do this.  Going back to 3.1 kHz audio (the beautiful muffled “phone quality”) means that people like me are less likely to understand what you are trying to say.  (If you just want to listen though, well, at least you are not imposing your audio quality on everyone else.)

Grüße, Carsten