Re: IETF in July

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 09:48:11PM +0100, Carsten Bormann wrote:
> On 2020-03-20, at 21:42, Ron Bonica <rbonica=40juniper.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Is anybody planning contingencies for a fully remote IETF in July?
> > (I don’t mean to be a pessimist, but planning for a worst-case
> > scenario is never a bad idea).
>
> I personally believe there is not more than a 5 % chance of the
> physical meeting actually taking place.  I would *love* to be
> surprised.

I think assuming the July IETF will not take place in physical group
meeting form has multiple advantages: operating under the assumption
that it will not take place will satisfy both the formulation of a
proper contingency plan, and a much needed reconsideration of how it is
that we meet and work towards our purpose.

In some ways I look forward to an in-depth exploration of what it means
to really only use the Internet to build the Internet. :-)

Kind regards,

Job