Re: IETF in July

My first thoughts turn to A/V services like Zoom, and to mailing lists. I suppose I sound very traditional, but I don’t think this requires a lot of reinvention.

If there is one lesson I’d like us to collectively learn, it’s that delaying a decision to the last possible minute enhances the confusion and damage it causes. If we’re going to cancel IETF-108, I’d like to see that decision announced in mid-June. For IETF 107, we didn’t quite know what was coming, but we could observe that other bodies were canceling events. For IETF 108, we know that the statistics we know say either that it will be over - nobody is sick worldwide - or it will not be over, by then. If the latter is objectively true, not changing the meeting in some way in June is a matter of collectively kidding ourselves.

Sent using a machine that autocorrects in interesting ways...