Re: Forced virtual IETF 109 as well as 107

Le 15/03/2020 à 02:20, S Moonesamy a écrit :
Hi Alex,
At 11:41 AM 13-03-2020, Alexandre Petrescu wrote:
It's an event of cold, but heat countries in Africa have it too, even though a little less.  It's an event of winter, because world maps of distribution, show currently much distribution in Northern hemisphere, and little in the Southern hemisphere.  When the Earth will incline the other way, will the virus with a crown disappear or move the other way too.

The magnitude of R0 in some parts of the Southern Hemisphere might be related to travel and several other factors.

What do you mean by R0?

Indeed, it might be so.  I do not know.  I am just struck by seeing the map how it is.  I do not know.

The "loss" from attendance is currently at least $706,875.  The amount will likely double by the end of July.  That is another aspect of potential issues which the IETF might face.

For the amounts of money.

I understand no attendant to IETF Vancouver was not reimbursed; or they are all about to get reimbursed.   (I think?)

For the sources of money.  Currently several sources of money are being made available to compensate to many things, such as tele-work, or 'partial no-work' and many others.  There are specific budgets to SMEs as well.  At a high level, China claimed injecting 130M dollar (milliard, i.e. billion in English); America talked about 50, France about 15 or so.  Other countries too. These numbers are non negligible.

Alex

Regards,
S. Moonesamy