Re: NomCom eligibility & IETF 107

>    Unfortunately I have to disagree. We know for a fact that some companies
    have actively encouraged employees to volunteer for NomCom in the past.
    That's been happening over many years with a variety of companies. I fear
    this would happen even more with an even lower barrier.

What is wrong with actively encouraging NomCom volunteers?  Do you think they'll all vote the same?  What's not covered by the limit on same employer rules?

A random choice out of a self-selected pool will not give a random set of members.  It will give a random subset from that self-selected pool.