Re: NomCom eligibility & IETF 107

On 3/13/20 6:43 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:
> One choice is to entirely ignore 107 for the purposes of NomCom
> eligibility.  The last five meetings would then be 106, 105, 104, 103,
> and 102, and one would have had to attend three of those to be
> eligible this year.
>
> Another choice is to consider 107 to be a meeting that everyone has
> attended, for the purpose of NomCom eligibility.  There, the last five
> would still be 107 to 103, but 107 would be an automatic “yes” for
> anyone who volunteers for the NomCom.

I support counting 107 registered remote attendees toward NomCom
eligibility, with no session attendance requirement (such as the
Plenary). The requirement for session attendance is only meaningful if
we expect people--who have attended two of the other meetings in the
window--to game the eligibility system by registering with no intent to
actually participate. I don't think that's a significant problem.

-Jim