Re: IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled

Definitively thinks are not so easy ...

Since we started this thread yesterday, I'm trying to remember something that cached my attention a few years ago. I want to remember it to google for the info.

It was a band or singer concert, that was cancelled. I'm sure it was in the EU, but not even sure it was in Spain or another country. Because it was one of the few concerts, and the cancellation was only a decision of the band, people that got flights and hotels to travel to the venue, were able to recover all those expenses as well. This was done via consumer organizations.

ASAP I recall what it was and find the info, I will share.

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet

El 12/3/20 8:14, "Michael Breuer" <michael.breuer@xxxxxxx> escribió:

    Jordi,

    > On 10. Mar 2020, at 21:38, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet=40consulintel.es@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >
    > According to lawyers, at least in the case of Spanish law, from what I got about 10 minutes ago, if an event organizer cancels a meeting, it is responsible and liable for any cancellation's costs to participants, unless there is a "force major cause" (which clearly is not the case, until it is declared by the corresponding government).

    In this case travel, accommodation, and the meeting fee are motivationally connected (for you), but legally independent contracts. According to German law, due to cancellation the event organizer would have to refund the meeting fee. The two other contracts would legally not be impacted by this.

    Things are different if you had a package deal in form of a single contract. This makes things a bit more complicated for the official IETF hotels (only for the official room block!), but here (most of the time) cancellation policy with the hotel does cover this already.

    Michael

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com