Re: pure-virtual asynchronous meetings?

Kent Watsen <kent+ietf@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 1b) the presentation should have "pause points" where feedback is
> being solicited.

Hi Kent,

I love your write up and it's much more detailed than the similar idea I
presented at a hotrfc about a year ago.  My thought was to make all
WG meetings a full week long with a similar 'mic queue' formed via
video/audio/whatever chats spread out as well.  I love your idea of
pause points above, which is something I hadn't considered for the
presentation side of things.  Note that there is nothing stopping a WG
from having multiple topic presentations happening at the same time
too...

The one idea I talked about that isn't in your list, that you may want
to consider, is a rate-limit for the number of comments you can say in
24 hours (2? 3?).  My thinking was that we needed to avoid the "oh my,
look how much mail arrived while I was sleeping because a topic blew up,
and now its too late to insert my points" problem.  This, combined with
the simul-track of every presentation and every wg should bring us close
to the number of comments you can reasonably make at mic lines during a
physical WG meeting.
--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI