Re: [107all] Update on IETF 107 Vancouver and COVID-19

--On Thursday, March 5, 2020 12:57 +0000 Christer Holmberg
<christer.holmberg=40ericsson.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Everyone in the room could use one of these, in order to
> reduce the room speaker sound:
>
> https://undertheweatherpods.com/products/stadiumpod
>
> In addition, it's good Corona protection...

I hope this isn't evidence that the virus, or reactions to it,
are already affecting us in significant ways, but

(1) If the virus is capable of each airborne transmission, I
don't see the sealing, filters, and/or forced-air arrangements
that would be necessary to protect against that.

(2) I also don't see anything about the acoustical damping
properties of these.  If they are designed to let stadium noises
in and out (so one can cheer on one's preferred team and listen
to others doing so), they are probably useless for echo
cancellation and acoustic feedback damping.

Other than that, great idea, especially since it comes in a
choice of colors.

   john