Re: Free (as in beer) webex

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 11:07 PM Larry Masinter <LMM@xxxxxxx> wrote:
https://etherpad.ietf.org:9009/p/ManyCouches

 I thought the whole point of WebRTC was to get rid of need
for native clients of need for conferencing vendors (or at least
 those who could charge per-minute.)

It is relatively easy to get 2 person communications working peer-peer 'most of the time'.. All you need to work out is the NAT traversal.

But NAT traversal isn't going to be 100% reliable and when you get to a group call, you really have to make use of some sort of reflector service. And video is quite a bit of bandwidth, especially if you have lots of people.

My complaint is that these are not end-to-end secure.