Re: Further update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and IETF 107 Vancouver

> Canceling completely now is also an excellent way to find out that we are nowhere near able to go Plan B full-online successfully.

AFAIK IETF operates fully-online 365 -15 days a year (tool: mailing lists).

Is seeing a moving person such a strong req ? If seeing just a face is that strong requirement remote registration can ask for a photo upload. The crux here seems to be able to select how we collaborate in a virtual meeting.

Sure 1:1 communication helps especially in cases where you are interacting with unknown folks, but nothing stops me from having a video chat with co-authors or to have a conversation with a group of people interested in my work. That happens all the time.

Plenary could be a challenge - sure. Does this justify the full IETF meeting ?

I admit I agree with all folks who recommend to cancel upcoming meeting in person meeting. It is clear that battle to contain the virus has been lost. It is not only spreading it is also undergoing mutation so even if vaccine is found and tested for original version it may or may not work for other mutations.

Best,
R.