Re: Further update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and IETF 107 Vancouver

Robert Raszuk <robert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> Canceling completely now is also an excellent way to find out that we
    >> are
    > nowhere near able to go Plan B full-online successfully.

    > AFAIK IETF operates fully-online 365 -15 days a year (tool: mailing
    > lists).

Yes, it does.

    > Is seeing a moving person such a strong req ? If seeing just a face is
    > that strong requirement remote registration can ask for a photo
    > upload. The crux here seems to be able to select how we collaborate in
    > a virtual meeting.

A photo is not the point.
The hallway track is where most stuck work gets unstuck, and how adhoc cross-WG
collaboration occurs.
The chronic WG scheduling conflicts of the last 5-6 years has seriously
imperilled the hallway and WG tourism track, however.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-