Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ntp-using-nts-for-ntp-22.txt> (Network Time Security for the Network Time Protocol) to Proposed Standard

Russ,

Thank you for reviewing the draft and providing comments! I've discussed
the issues with the other authors. Please see our answers below.

Kind regards,
Marcus

On 2020-02-17 14:22, Russ Housley wrote:
> Section 3 says: "... NTS-KE server's private certificate."  Certificates
> are public.  I assume that you are talking about a private key here.

Indeed. This will be fixed.

> Section 4.1.5 says: "...  denoting Numeric Identifiers from the IANA
> AEAD registry [RFC5116]".  I think it would be more useful to provide a
> pointer to the registry instead of the RFC that created the registry.

This makes sense, although we are unsure about what the best practice
is. Do you (or anyone else) know if there's IETF guidance on how to
reference IANA registries?

> Section 4.1.7 says: "...an IPv4 address in dotted decimal notation, an
> IPv6 address, or ...". This is followed by a sentence on the format of
> the IPv6 address and s sentence on IDNs.  I think a parallel structure
> would be more clear.  Please list the choices, and then discuss the
> format used for each of the choices.

To fix this, we suggest changing the paragraph to:

"The contents of the string SHALL be either an IPv4 address, an IPv6
address, or a fully qualified domain name (FQDN). IPv4 address MUST be
in dotted decimal notation. IPv6 addresses MUST conform to the "Text
Representation of Addresses" as specified in [RFC4291] and MUST NOT
include zone identifiers [RFC6874]. If internationalized labels are
needed in the domain name, the A-LABEL syntax specified in [RFC5891]
MUST be used."

Section 8.1.1. of RFC 6335 says to use chair@xxxxxxxx.