Re: IETF WG meetings and remote participation

It seems inevitable that any discussion of meeting logistics will
devolve into a discussion of presentations during working group
sessions.  At this point I think this pattern goes back several
decades and while there are some working groups that manage meeting
time, and particularly discussion, very well, in general I doubt very
much anything is going to change without structural changes to how we
meet.  It would be excellent to see some proposals around that.

I have been in some sessions where discussion and participation by
remote participants went very well.  I don't have a sense of how
well that would scale, but I do think that managing multiple queues
is likely to get messy and may lead to some participants feeling
as if they've been treated unfairly.

Melinda

--
Melinda Shore