Re: IETF WG meetings and remote participation

Keith,

100%.

While I always do slides to explain the idea IETF has no space to post it before the meeting along with draft. Perhaps each draft should list private URL with slides for those interested to look at them instead or as add-on to the draft lecture itself ? Should we perhaps enhance IETF submission a bit to optionally accommodate pdf slides with the draft and augment IETF tools repo to provide link to those if present ?

Sending it to chairs to be posted before the meeting is already too late.

I agree slides are much lower bar then video and could be equally or even more helpful.

Best,
R.

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 10:20 PM Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/15/20 2:41 PM, Robert Raszuk wrote:

> I think each draft should have a youtube video attached such that
> instead of wasting time to listen to one actor shows watch it before
> and then sped those 10-15 min to interactively discuss.

Videos are nearly always a huge waste of time, just as presentations in
meetings are nearly always a huge waste of time.   If the internet-draft
is too dense to be read in a few minutes, post the slides in advance
(maybe with notes), expect people to read those, and spend the
"presentation" time on questions-and-answers.

Face-to-face meeting time should be devoted to *interaction*.

Keith