Re: IETF 107 and Corona Virus?

On 2/14/2020 12:55 PM, Bob Hinden wrote:
Hi,

I am registered for the IETF meeting and have travel (flights and hotel) booked to Vancouver.   I am planning to attend as long as the airline keeps flying from San Francisco to Vancouver and the Canadian government will let me in the country.   I have not heard anything to indicate that I won’t be able to attend.

I did find:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/frequently-asked-questions.html

It says there are additional screenings in place at the Vancouver airport, and they are not planning to close their borders, specifically:

   23. Will Canada close its borders or start banning flight from China?

       No. The Government of Canada and the provinces and territories have multiple
       systems in place to prepare for, detect and respond to prevent the spread of
       infectious diseases in Canada.”

I hope this is helpful information.

Bob

See also https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/210

Which does have this commentary on Arrivals from China (a/o 12 Feb 2020):

Travellers returning from mainland China (excluding Hubei Province)

For 14 days after the day you left mainland China, the Public Health Agency of Canada asks that you:

If you start having symptoms:

They will provide advice on what you should do.

To further protect those around you, wash your hands often and cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.

Travellers returning from Hubei Province, China

For 14 days after the day you left Hubei Province, the Public Health Agency of Canada asks that you limit your contact with others.

Within 24 hours of arriving in Canada contact a local public health authority.

To limit contact with others:

For 14 days after the day you left Hubei Province you should watch for symptoms of the novel coronavirus. If you develop fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, call your local public health authority to inform them about your symptoms. They will provide advice on what you should do.

Government of Canada novel coronavirus information line: 1-833-784-4397