Re: UUID version 6 proposal, initial feedback

On 1/31/20 9:41 PM, Salz, Rich wrote:

  • What I laid out is essentially a collection of options that seem to come up time and again dealing with unique identifiers.  I think there is benefit in standardizing it.

Considerations in designing unique identifiers sounds like it could be a worthwhile RFC. I just don’t think they’re UUID’s.

I concur.   I think it would be a better proposal if they were called something else.

Keith