UUID version 6 proposal, initial feedback

I would like to get some initial feedback, and suggested next steps, on the idea of making an RFC that covers a version 6 for UUIDs.  It would have an embedded timestamp and sorting by its raw bytes results in a sequence equivalent to sorting by time.  This is not addressed by existing UUID types.  (The closest one is version 1, but due to the byte encoding it does not sort correctly.)

There is also seems to be some ambiguity in the existing RFC on when to increment the counter field which I think can be clarified.

I did a prototype implementation and basic write-up on the details here: https://bradleypeabody.github.io/uuidv6/

I’m also thinking of covering the base64 encoding form which retains the sorting properties but makes it human readable and is significantly shorter than the long hex encoded form.

Having these things is very useful when considering UUIDs as database primary keys, which is becoming more and more common in distributed systems; and indeed this is the main motivation.

Any help or advice on moving forward with this would be appreciated.

- Brad