Re: UUID version 6 proposal, initial feedback

I don’t understand the purpose of all that mechanism.  UUID’s are supposed to be opaque identifiers; if you intend folks to look inside them, then you should not be using UUID, you should be using something else where the insides are on the outside, as it were.

UUID’s are very old, they were first part of Apollo’s Network Computing Architecture in the 1980’s.  If we were recreating them today, we’d just use a cryptographic nonce.  I suggest that’s what you do as well.