Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-halpern-gendispatch-consensusinformational-02.txt> (IETF Stream Documents Require IETF Rough Consensus) to Best Current Practice

Hi,

I didn't ask for any edits to your document in that message. I was just wondering what might happen to these documents, in the absence of a concrete example (which you refuse to provide).

For example, this draft could prevent publication of security technologies that disintermediate some vocal subset of IETF participants (like, say, router manufacturers). As I reflect on this draft, I am not sure it is a good idea. I could see it curbing process abuses, but I can also see it entrenching insecure protocols that people make money from exploiting. That's why I want to learn about some concrete examples.

thanks,
Rob