Re: Draft IAB conflict of interest policy

> On Jan 13, 2020, at 2:23 PM, Michael StJohns <mstjohns@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Given that IAB is in the appeals chain for protocols standards and other items, and has in the past dabbled with personnel decisions, focusing simply on finance and/or personnel seems short sighted.

I have several relationships with people that verge on various levels of "is this something to disclose"

Do I need to list all prior employers and standards activities? People I have dated? Companies I have enable on their devices? Machines I have root on?

There is a concern here that disclosing everything would be harmful or limit the people from section when we likely want diversity of opinions to participate.

It's quite a bit to disclose it all, I have old UUCP maps with my name on that, consider it disclosed :-)

If you are concerned with the honestly of the individuals involved and selected for the roles then is a good time to provide the feedback. I feel we have a lot of process and chance for that at present, but the community consensus is not always what is the most active thread.

I know I'll be disclosing a lot of information in the coming weeks.

*buckles in for the ride*

- Jared