Re: Draft IAB conflict of interest policy

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 11:44 AM Joel M. Halpern <jmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, We do ask that folks disclose their primary affiliation.  I believe
we ask that for WG chairs, for ADs, and for IAB members.  That gives the
community the information about the situation.  That is VERY different
from asking folks not to participate in leadership decisions about work
that may affect their employer.

That often gives "the community the information about the situation", but not always.

The classic case is the "consulting firm" that only gets paid via defense or other government contracts.

I'm not sure that's a solvable problem, but I do agree that's different from a non-participation request.

thanks,
Rob