Re: [arch-d] Draft IAB conflict of interest policy

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 04:52:46AM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:
> Yes, but that tends to perpetuate the situation that only bigger organizations can afford to sponsor most of the IETF leadership positions. Many (probably including Randy and Brian) see that as a problem.

Does this include owners of one-man shops on contract
by big organizations like governments or divisions thereof ?
What is an actually small organization in your opinion ?
(don't answer).

I would say: Candidates supporting "well funded interests"
(forget how the emoney flow is orchestrated).

We had this discussion maybe even on this list in the past and
i asked why ISOC is not providing funding for candidates to
leadership positions, and that seemed to have all type of
pitfalls too (not too persuading to me though..).

Cheers
    Toerless