Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-foudil-securitytxt-08.txt> (A Method for Web Security Policies) to Informational RFC

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 4:17 PM Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> I would also suggest that in addition to publication via the .well-known scheme, there is a means of publication through an appropriately prefixed TXT record specifying an alternative URI. While HTTP service is ubiquitous, it is not universal. More to the point, it is highly likely that the target Web site is unavailable if there is an attack in progress.

Publishing via DNS has been considered and discussed several times
during the development of this draft. Because consensus couldn't be
reached, we made a decision to exclude DNS from this draft and plan to
address this via a separate draft in the future.

Thank you!