From: "Scott Fluhrer (sfluhrer)" <sfluhrer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, 11 December 2019 at 18:05
To: Paterson  Kenneth <kenny.paterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: FW: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-09.txt> (Postquantum Preshared Keys for IKEv2) to Proposed Standard

    Oops, had the wrong email address in my mailer.  If you respond (either correcting what I thought you meant, or agreeing with it), please respond to last-call@xxxxxxxx

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Scott Fluhrer (sfluhrer)
    Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:36 AM
    To: Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx>; last-call@xxxxxxxx
    Cc: ipsec@xxxxxxxx; ipsecme-chairs@xxxxxxxx; david.waltermire@xxxxxxxx; draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2@xxxxxxxx; kenny.paterson@xxxxxxxxxx

    Did Kenny make this statement in the context of postquantum cryptography (that is, public key algorithms that are believed to be secure even if the adversary has a quantum computer)?

    That would certainly be a reasonable statement (as most postquantum algorithms are fairly new, and are still being cryptographically vetted).

    On the other hand, this specific draft doesn't involve any postquantum algorithms; it relies only on currently accepted algorithms, and so Kenny's caution would not apply.