Re: GitHub blockage in Spain

Hi Jim,
At 10:20 AM 01-11-2019, Jim Fenton wrote:
My question is mostly about the practicalities of how attendees will be able to use GitHub if the block is still in place then. We are doing an increasing amount of IETF work in GitHub, and attendees need access to it to do other work as well. If we can negotiate an arrangement that will exempt the IETF network from the block, that would (IMO) be a minimally acceptable solution. Of course, attendees staying offsite would still need to use a VPN or something to access GitHub from their hotel, AirBNB, etc. and that's still a bad situation.

I took a quick look at the IETF soon-to-be-published policy on the matter. It only provides guidance about meeting rotation. The document which might be of use would be the one about the selection criteria. From a technical perspective, the Internet service for the IETF would likely be unmodified and unfiltered. There was a takedown notice [1] which was published a few days ago. That notice is in line with the IAB considerations about how to perform filtering. Furthermore, a person from the country where the meeting will be hosted confirmed that access to a working group repository is working correctly.

Does the IETF LLC have any grounds to negotiate an arrangement?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://r.elandsys.com/r/69452