Re: GitHub blockage in Spain

Hi John,

I can confirm that *nothing* is happening in Madrid, and we are 610 Km away from Barcelona. The criminal activities are happening only in Catalonia. There is no chance that they extend their violent activities to Madrid: There has not been any signs about any planning on that.

I said criminal activates, because they have been convicted for those activities. The people supporting them in the protests, is not just protesting, is damaging private and public properties, which is a criminal act. Some of them were detained while preparing bombs and other terrorist activities, but all those were being planned only against the law enforcement authorities in Catalonia.

You can complain against a court decision to convict anyone if you believe is wrong. That's fair and I support it, but I don't support violence and damage to properties and against other people, as a way to sustaining that protest.

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet

El 2/11/19 7:00, "ietf en nombre de John C Klensin" <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx en nombre de john-ietf@xxxxxxx> escribió:

    --On Friday, November 1, 2019 17:28 -0700 Rob Sayre
    <sayrer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    >> I wouldn't expect us to avoid holding a meeting in
    >> California...
    >>

    > This issue has been discussed before:
    >
    > https://www.ietf.org/blog/barriers-entry/

    Of course it has and, IIR, that discussion was what led us to
    cut back on meetings in the US until and unless things got
    better.  The questions in this case are

    (1) Whether there might be any issues in Madrid at the time of
    the meeting that would require the kind of examination suggested
    in that discussion.  I don't have nearly enough knowledge to
    have an opinion on it.  At the same time, while I think we need
    to be very careful about hyperbole, exaggerated conditions, or
    "fake news", I think it is important to ask the question.

    (2) It is not clear to me whether the (rather new) meeting site
    determination and meeting planning process and team consider it
    part of their responsibility to examine such questions, rather
    than, e.g., meeting room facilities and network connectivity.
    Whether they do or not, I think it is reasonable to ask that
    their view of their responsibilities be made clear to the IETF
    community.  And, if they do not, I think it is reasonable to ask
    where and how such questions are to be addressed, keeping in
    mind the risks of out-of-control discussions with a surplus of
    ignorance and excitement and a shortage of facts.

    best,
       john

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?