Re: Comment Invited on IETF LLC Policies

Hi Jason,
At 09:12 AM 24-10-2019, Livingood, Jason wrote:
Sorry for the late reply but just now re-engaging on policies to wrap up changes now that some other priorities are being completed. See inline below.

It's okay.

[JL] I am not sure there is a relevant (or any) IETF policy on travel. What we have is under "Air and Train Travel" at https://github.com/ietf-llc/policies-consultation/blob/master/Travel-and-Expense-00.md

I forgot about the context as it has been a while since I sent the comments.

[JL] We believe that payment of travel could be considered a gift and we explore that in the Code of Conduct under "Gifts" at https://github.com/ietf-llc/policies-consultation/blob/master/Code-of-Conduct-00.md. In short, if some organization offers to pay for travel expenses then this needs to be approved by the relevant Approving Authority (see the policy for the details).

For what it is worth, that type of payment is usually covered by the conflict of interest policy of the organization.

[JL] The types of records handled by the LLC and by the Trust are different. But if you wish to suggest changes, feel free to enter a pull request or open an issue with specific suggestions at https://github.com/ietf-llc/policies-consultation/blob/master/Records-Retention-00.md.

The retention matrix listed as Schedule A is still to be done. The types of records (Trust v/s LLC) are not that different. For example, financial documents have to be retained for X number of years and there is some standard for that. It is similar for contracts.

Thank you for doing the work.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy