Re: Comment Invited on IETF LLC Policies

Sorry for the late reply but just now re-engaging on policies to wrap up changes now that some other priorities are being completed. See inline below.

Thanks
Jason

On 7/2/19, 6:03 PM, "S Moonesamy" <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    I took a quick look at the LLC policies.  I could not find any
    discussion about the business class travel after seven hours LLC
    policy.  Is that aligned with the relevant IETF policy?

[JL] I am not sure there is a relevant (or any) IETF policy on travel. What we have is under "Air and Train Travel" at https://github.com/ietf-llc/policies-consultation/blob/master/Travel-and-Expense-00.md

>    Would having travel expenses sponsored by an outside party be
    considered as an allowable  gift?

[JL] We believe that payment of travel could be considered a gift and we explore that in the Code of Conduct under "Gifts" at https://github.com/ietf-llc/policies-consultation/blob/master/Code-of-Conduct-00.md. In short, if some organization offers to pay for travel expenses then this needs to be approved by the relevant Approving Authority (see the policy for the details).

>    It might be easier if the records retention and management policy is
    aligned with the relevant IETF Trust policy.

[JL] The types of records handled by the LLC and by the Trust are different. But if you wish to suggest changes, feel free to enter a pull request or open an issue with specific suggestions at https://github.com/ietf-llc/policies-consultation/blob/master/Records-Retention-00.md.