Re: Fwd: Request to mailing list Add rejected

Hi Rob,
At 08:14 AM 08-10-2019, Rob Sayre wrote:
It seems to have been rejected because the AD wants to issue some sort of PR message.

This action was not difficult to anticipate, so I also CCed www-archive@xxxxxx.

I assume that you are already subscribed to the mailing list. It is unusual that the mailing list is moderated. There isn't anything about the mailing list being moderated in the information provided about the mailing list. The action would likely be a surprise.

DNS resolution is a hot topic because of scrutiny plans by a government. There may be reasons to keep the discussions within appropriate boundaries. In my opinion, it is not a good idea to block messages in the absence of public information about the boundaries. The moderator(s) might wish to take the scrutiny plans into consideration for the current case.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy