Re: Planned experiment: A new mailing list for last-call discussions

Three comments:

1. Slightly to my surprise, this is fully consistent with RFC 2026, which
says:
   This "Last-Call" notification shall be
   via electronic mail to the IETF Announce mailing list.  Comments on a
   Last-Call shall be accepted from anyone, and should be sent as
   directed in the Last-Call announcement.
I think there may be other places where the ietf@xxxxxxxx list is documented
as the venue for last calls, but for the experiment, we're fine.

2. Are we sure? Yes, this will reduce traffic on the list, but one view is
that it's the most important traffic of all.

3. Personally, I simply don't care. I will adjust my filters to direct the
displaced traffic to the same inbox as ietf@xxxxxxxx.

Regards
   Brian