Re: The Next Generation

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 11:36 AM <shogunx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Phillip,

> So here is the curious thing, each one of the groups contacted so far has
> had the same response: This is something we should do but we should make our
> rivals aware of it as well because the end goal here is protecting the
> democratic process, not just winning an election.

IMHO, if the interest is in protecting the democratic process, the first
place we should look is the digital voting infrastructure, as that is the
vector most abused.  Knowing what I do about network and computer security
in general, I have come to the conclusion that hand counted paper ballots
with a strong chain of custody are the only way to ensure a free and fair
election.

This did not come up in the country concerned since all their elections are by paper ballots counted by hand. The confidentiality concerns are around securing demographics, campaign plans, schedules, strategy, etc. There are also authenticity concerns which are rather broader.