Re: tone policing

On 9/9/19 1:27 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:

On Sep 9, 2019, at 1:11 PM, Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Even though I've disagreed with a great many messages on this thread, I haven't seen a single useless message posted to it.
This is because you have lots of free time with which to filter through all of the messages.
False assumption.   Every minute I spend on this conversation is time I can't bill clients for, and I have a backlog of work.    I wouldn't be investing this effort if I didn't think it were important.
 From my perspective, nearly every message sent on this thread has been useless, because it hasn’t added anything new to the discussion, but has consumed my time in reading it.
I don't feel like I should be bound by your perspective.   Several others have indicated publicly or privately that they do value my efforts.
I would happily take part in (personally) funding someone to filter through this slush pile summarizing each topic that has been raised and what has been said on the topic.   If this were done, everything you said would be taken into account, but the number of times you said it would not.   This would not prevent you from speaking, but it would prevent you from speaking more loudly than others with less free time.

You could do your part to reduce the noise by not sending insulting messages, which generally merit face-saving responses.

Keith