Re: Recent threads concerning sergeants-at-arms

On 9/7/19 10:47 AM, Paul Wouters wrote:

I would think it is the other way, it is easier for us since most of the
work happens on the lists, and people who keep offending the policies can
be moderated so that they can fix their tone and stay on the technical
content of their message.

I maintain my position that "tone" is entirely subjective.   For this reason it is easy to criticize "tone" as a way of avoiding criticizing technical content, and distracting from the technical content.   Criticizing "tone" is itself a kind of personal attack, and should not IMO be permitted.

Keith