Re: Recent threads concerning sergeants-at-arms

On 9/3/19 7:30 PM, Keith Moore wrote:

On 9/3/19 7:24 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

Recognising the inevitability of your, my, and everyone's
imperfection and working around that as best we can seems
to me a better plan than yet another utopia.

I certainly agree with the need to recognize, accept, and work around all of our imperfections as best we can.

Does not Postel's law pretty much sum things up:  "Be conservative in what you send, be liberal in what you accept?"

Seems like particularly appropriate advice, given the venue.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown