Re: tone policing

On Sep 3, 2019, at 11:22 AM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So designing a set of social rules that is overly sensitive to such repeat-a(core)-argument seems a bit out of place for such a technical space.

The core point that I am seeing in what you have said is one I agree with: there is no simple heuristic that will produce a good outcome.  My takeaway from this is that in order to get a good outcome, it’s necessary that someone take responsibility for actually curating the conversation.  I agree that heuristic censorship won’t help, but a completely laissez-faire approach doesn’t seem to work well either, so it seems clear that it’s worth at least investigating whether any improvement is available.