Re: Recent threads concerning sergeants-at-arms

Reading the discussion of the SAA, I wonder if part of the confusion here is the difference between the SAA managing (and working to control and prevent) seriously inappropriate conduct as defined by 3005, and the general role of a lsit owner to keep the list on topic and ensure that discussions are moved to where they are most effective.

As a hypothetical, if instead of the SAA as SAA ssending the "suggestion", Alissa had sent a note calling attention to the fact that the underlying message had requested comments to rfc-interest, and asked if the discussion could be moved there, would that have been seen as less inappropriate? Even if one then chose (as I expect folks would have) to suggest that such a move was the wrong answer?

I think it is important that we keep the SAA role clear, so that it stays effective.

Yours,
Joel