Re: Sergeant-at-Armss and New proposal/New SOW comment period

On 9/1/19 4:25 AM, Masataka Ohta wrote:

Considering that "sergeant-at-arms appointed by the Chair" [rfc3005]
and "Complaints regarding their decisions should be referred to the
IAB" [rfc3005], which means SAAs are loyal to I*, its practically
impossible, which is why SAAs power must be strictly limited as is
described by rfc3005.

As such, I was surprised to have received a mail recently from an
SAA saying:

   We understand that this style of communication was accepted (if
   not encouraged) in the past, but it is no longer the expectation
   now.

I have not read the specific exchange of messages, so am not commenting on it.   But if the SAA is engaging in tone policing, rather than to deter abuse, I find this completely inappropriate.

Keith