Re: Last Call: <draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-02.txt> (IDNA Review for New Unicode Versions) to Proposed Standard

 "John Levine" writes:

 > My one suggestion would be in sections 5 and 8 to tell IANA to remove
 > the non-normative tables since you'll persuade people that not all
 > IANA content is non-normative about the same time that you persuade
 > people that not all RFCs are standards.

Note that the original goal of the tables is to provide a central
place where a registry can provide information which chararcter
repetoire is supported.

This original idea is illustrated by the table for the TLD .at (one
TLD, one registry). The way it is organized now doesn't make a lot of
sense, especially since the qualification into script and languages
seems to be inconsistent.

There are likely legal requiremets that prevent removing the tables on
the moment.

	jaap