Re: Last Call: <draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-02.txt> (IDNA Review for New Unicode Versions) to Proposed Standard

In article <201908070859.x778xApb048014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
> "John Levine" writes:
>
> > My one suggestion would be in sections 5 and 8 to tell IANA to remove
> > the non-normative tables since you'll persuade people that not all
> > IANA content is normative about the same time that you persuade
> > people that not all RFCs are standards.
>
>Note that the original goal of the tables is to provide a central
>place where a registry can provide information which chararcter
>repetoire is supported.
>
>This original idea is illustrated by the table for the TLD .at (one
>TLD, one registry). The way it is organized now doesn't make a lot of
>sense, especially since the qualification into script and languages
>seems to be inconsistent.

I think we're talking about different tables.  The ones I suggest they
delete are in the parameter registry here:

https://www.iana.org/assignments/idna-tables-11.0.0/idna-tables-11.0.0.xhtml

The ones I believe you're talking about are over in the domain name registry
here:

https://www.iana.org/domains/idn-tables

I agree that the latter are useful, even though they're incomplete,
often out of date, and some registries don't follow their own tables.

R's,
John