Re: Last Call: <draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-02.txt> (IDNA Review for New Unicode Versions) to Proposed Standard

>> The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
>> following document: - 'IDNA Review for New Unicode Versions'
>>   <draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

I took another look and I still think it's good, keeping in mind that I know
much less about the tortured history of IDNA and Unicode than jck and Patrik do.

My one suggestion would be in sections 5 and 8 to tell IANA to remove
the non-normative tables since you'll persuade people that not all
IANA content is non-normative about the same time that you persuade
people that not all RFCs are standards.

Instead perhaps say that you hope to find workable ways to publish tools
to create the tables that people can use as Unicode comes out with
version 12.<n+1>.  Then hand that over to the ongoing Github flame war
since Github is the obvious place to put them.

R's,
John