Re: We gotta stop meeting like this

I read somewhere that every email sent adds 0.14 ounces of CO2 to the atmosphere…

Regards,

Christer

From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> on behalf of Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2019 at 17.27
To: IETF Discussion <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: We gotta stop meeting like this

On 7/24/19 10:15 AM, Eric Gray wrote:

Ah.  There’s a conversation stopper…

As far as I can tell, the conversation has continued in useful ways (though with a changed subject, which is often appropriate).

I think we should continue looking at whether the way we meet is a wise and optimal use of resources.  But surely the energy and CO2 consumption by the Internet itself is much larger than that required to travel to meetings, and IETF may be able to make significant contributions there by considering energy as a criterion in protocol design choices.

Keith