Re: Applying "Note Well" to side meetings

Hi Adrian,

The IESG considers unofficial side meetings registered on the wiki to be IETF activities, and as such the note well and the policies it references apply to these meetings. I have updated the wiki [1] to make this clear. Note that all IETF meeting attendees also accept the note well when they register for the IETF meeting.

The note well itself explains that "exceptions may apply” [2]. Other kinds of meetings held under the IETF Meeting Rooms Policy [3] may make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Updating the meeting rooms policy and sharing it for community comment is on the to-do list of the IETF LLC, and clarifying this point seems like it could be one useful update.

Cheers,
Alissa Cooper
for the IESG

[1] https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/105sidemeetings