Re: Applying "Note Well" to side meetings

Hi Adrian,
At 12:18 PM 20-07-2019, Adrian Farrel wrote:
Normally [1] when we have a "bar BoF" (also known as a "side meeting") we do
not apply the terms of the "Note Well" [2]. We have usually considered bar
BoFs to be outside the IETF because the IETF has no control over who meets
and drinks.

However, this time around, the side meetings are somewhat more formal with
room bookings and projectors and advertisements and so on.

The "Note Well" policies are applicable for IETF activities. BCP78 and BCP 79 are part of those policies. If I am not mistaken, side meetings did not usually meet the requirements of the standards process.

So, does the Note Well apply to these side meetings?

Please see the message at https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/2kHXUHM3MAUnrtcakVg1_5FEcgM and the thread at https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/mud/bCGhkSXOM_M2-bO5LLykR7ij4kE

Regards,
S. Moonesamy