Re: And a third [was: A couple of opinion pieces]

On 7/15/19 10:19 AM, Leif Johansson wrote:
> A more interesting question is this: what happened to make the openidc
> (to pick a random example) not even consider making RFCs their
> publication ”format”..

I talked quite a bit with a well-known distributed ledger
project that was looking for a governance structure, and
ultimately they decided that they didn't want to surrender
change control or IPR to the IETF, which is reasonable.

However, there are a number of other reasons why someone
might not want to publish with us, whether it's that we're
just plain slow, that our culture is harsher than other
technical communities, or a number of other factors.   I'd like
to think that it's possible that these are problems that can be
remedied but I suspect that a good place to start would be with
looking at how we're structured rather taking on yet another
ocean-boiling exercise.

Melinda

--
Melinda Shore