Re: On XML and $EDITORs (Re: Things that used to be clear (was ...)) "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 11:09:15AM -0400, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Jul 11, 2019, at 10:25 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > The insertion of the second one could indeed be automated, but then you
> > would have to give a hint about normative vs informative.
>
> That would actually be a really nice enhancement.   It could be the
> rule that if no reference says, it’s normative, if all references
> either don’t say or say normative, it’s normative, if all don’t say or
> say informative, it’s informative, and if some say normative and some
> say informative, it’s informative.   The idea being that some
> references to the same document may be normative and some informative,
> and it makes sense to be able to signal that in the XML.  Maybe every
> reference should say, but I’m sure that would be a pain.
>
> It would also be nice if the publication date could default to “today”
> and if the draft number could be determined automatically based on
> what is most recent…

+1 to all that.

s/"today"/"time of rendering"/ (and if you only submit XML, then "time
of rendering" will be closely related to "time of submission", which is
very much what I usually want).