Re: RFC Series Editor Resignation

I believe such rules (or something akin to them [*]) are essential to productive technical discussion and therefore essential to IETF.  I also believe that efforts to prevent people from telling the unvarnished truth about a technical mechanism, or a political one, are harmful to IETF in the most extreme sense possible.

[*] my preferred version is closer to “Criticize ideas, not people.  But criticize harmful ideas when necessary to prevent harm even if there’s a risk that people will take such criticism personally. “

Keith