RE: IAB Job Description - Call for Comments

All,

>> Well, I think just changing "RFC Editor" to "RFC Editor (Publisher)"
>> may make a difference in how this is understood.
>
> Is that right?  My understanding is that the publisher role is a separate
> role.  One that is currently contracted along with the RFC Production
> Center.

As evidenced by Martin's reply, changing the name does not help here.

An editor is an editor. It may be the case that people misunderstand the
role of an editor (for example, confusing it with the idea of copy-editor),
but changing the name will not help.

Do say "RFC Series Editor" rather than "RFC Editor", but don't go beyond
that change.

However, if you feel that there is lack of clarity, then add word or a
reference to explain the role.

Adrian